Location: New York, NY
The Players’ Tribune seeks a social media manager to work on our growing social media team. The ideal candidate will have experience managing social media profiles in a fast-paced publishing environment or for high-profile personalities or brands. This person should be comfortable shaping and executing strategy but should also be eager to execute day-to- day social media responsibilities.
- Day-to-day management of The Players’ Tribune social media platforms
- Develop compelling, cross-platform social programming that maximizes growth, reach, and
engagement on a local and global scale
- Contribute to the strategic direction, production and measurement of social programs
- Design and implement analytical solutions to understand social media content, providing
- Collaborate with editorial, marketing and public relations teams
- Track evolving social/digital trends and use insights to make strategic recommendations
- Identify social media opportunities on owned and external platforms
- 3-5 years experience working in social media, preferably for a publisher, agency or brand
- Deep knowledge and passion for sports and digital media
- Be comfortable engaging with and working closely with athletes for social content creation and
- Ability to work across departments and provide a perspective
- Creative thinker with strong writing skills
- Thorough knowledge of social media best practices
- Keen understanding of social media metrics and ability to monitor campaigns
- Ability to “wear many hats” in a small, start-up environment
- Exceptionally well organized and good attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and excellent communication skills
- Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Premier Pro proficiency a huge plus
Most importantly we are looking for candidates with great attitudes and creative skills who are eager to be part of an innovative publishing platform.
If interested, please send a resume, brief cover letter (maximum 150 words) and three potential Players’ Tribune social media concepts to email@example.com.