Check your calendars, y’all. It’s 2/2/22 … you know what that means? It’s what we’re calling “Derek Jeter Day.” The guy who made number 2 famous. The reason young kids beg to wear the number, hoping a little bit of his magic might be with them in the jersey. So we had to get over to Miami, sit down with The Boss himself and interview the legend ... Knuckleheads style.
1. Who Jeter wanted to be like growing up watching baseball (4:22)
2. Why more kids aren’t playing baseball as they get older (9:48)
3. Being in the minors and realizing that he was going to be a major leaguer soon (13:56)
4. What a championship parade is like in NYC (22:37)
5. Playing with the Yankees in the days after 9/11 (25:24)
6. When DJ first met MJ (45:31)
7. Starting The Players’ Tribune (52:00)
About Our Hosts:
NBA veterans Quentin Richardson and Darius Miles are lifelong friends and bona fide truth-tellers. Listen as they invite special guests, high-profile athletes, musicians and entertainers to get brutally honest about everything from current events to untold stories from the golden era of sports and culture. Named for the on-court celebration they made wildly popular, this unfiltered, hilarious and surprising podcast is like playing NBA 2K with no fouls.